Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vgk80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
19A2BFBD-B591-4D04-BBC1-E550E6E3499B.jpeg
I see this BT connection on my iPhone that I don’t recognize. Any idea what this may be? I recently purchased a Mac mini, is it the phone connection to the mini?

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
View attachment 1947635 I see this BT connection on my iPhone that I don’t recognize. Any idea what this may be? I recently purchased a Mac mini, is it the phone connection to the mini?
Do you have any smart devices apps that you are using? That could be why you see a device that is connected in your Bluetooth list.

vgk80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Is your Mac mini named as 42220-241? Do you have any other electronic devices with Bluetooth capability that might have this name? (e.g. Car, TV, headphones, etc.)
Nope, have given it a name I can identify. I am wondering if it is the wireless carplay adapter. Will unplug the adapter from the car and check.

Reactions: duanepatrick

vgk80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Do you have any smart devices apps that you are using? That could be why you see a device that is connected in your Bluetooth list.
I thought so too, but usually there’s the ‘i’ icon next to it to disable it, this one doesn’t, which is kinda weird

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I thought so too, but usually there’s the ‘i’ icon next to it to disable it, this one doesn’t, which is kinda weird
If you have a device connected through an app the “i” will not show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.