Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ert69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Hello MacRumors forum, first message here.

Anyway, lets get to the point, shall we? Recently I've been getting strange notifications, but only the sound - no text or anything - so it doesn't show up on the notification center. I've been to settings - notifications and turned off sounds on all the apps in there: didn't help.

It's been happening maybe once every few days, so it didnt bother me that much, until today, when I got one notification just 10 minutes ago and then now 4 notifications in a row! It sounds kinda like a bicycle bell or something similar to that. If anybody has any idea what app could it be then it would be very very helpful.

At first I thought it was either wowfx or deluxefx, but I have push notifications turned off for both. So I have no idea what could cause this..

ert69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
It stopped now.. I think it was eBay..

EDIT:

Nope.. wasn't eBay. Finally figured it out.. For future reference it was iBlacklist. Making that sound everytime something was blocked. Hope it helps others with the same problem.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.