Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulmeyers42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
I've had this issue for awhile, I was hoping Catalina would fix it but that's not the case. The "Unlock with Apple Watch" feature works great, and then one day, it stops working. Disabling and re-enabling it in System Preferences doesn't work, logging out doesn't work. Restarting the Mac works. I haven't really tried logging out of iCloud and back in, since that's a big pain, and restarting the Mac is easier.

Anyone else have this issue? Any solves for it?

Thanks.

dewalt

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
I dont know if this helps you or not....

I currently run a 2018 MBP 15. It's connected to two external Dell monitors, via two USB C hubs, with the lid open. I believe after I installed 10.15.1, randomly when I get up from my desk, all three screens flicker. If I lock the screen, and then get up and take a couple steps away from the MBP, the screen will flicker and will actually unlock, due to the watch proximity. From my testing, this does not occur when there are no external screens.

I think something is messed up w/ the latest update regarding Apple Watch. No idea what, but I may downgrade to base 10.15 to test.

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I'm having the same problem. It worked fine after I upgraded to Catalina, but after updating my Apple Watch to OS 6.1 it stopped working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.