Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
So I have an unlocked iPhone 13 Pro (purchased directly from Apple) running on FirstNet with a black SIM card, which apparently properly grant preempting and all the other services vs the other FirstNet or AT&T SIM cards and was told by the rep this is the one I needed/wanted for my self paid account.

I see that FirstNet has the eSIM iPhone 14/14 Pro on their website as an officially supported phone, so I assume they have proper eSIM access and compatibility now. I read somewhere awhile back that their eSIM's don't perform the way the black physical SIM cards do (in terms of preemption and other features), and was reading a bunch of reddit threads regarding this without any real answers. Before I need to call FirstNet, does anyone here run an iPhone 14 with an eSIM that used to have a physical black SIM and can verify that FirstNet has no compatibility issues with the new SIM-less iPhones?

Also, is there a way I would be able to go to an AT&T store and get the maximum credit for my iPhone 13 Pro for a FirstNet compatible AT&T iPhone 15 Pro, but unlocked? What upgrade options are other FirstNet users doing? I don't mind buying outright to get a fully unlocked phone through apple if I have to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.