Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leon44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
So I got my 6s+ and went to restore it from my 6. Then realised this might be difficult as the 6 was running 9.1 and I've sold it already, so the phone can't restore from that backup.

So proceeded to try and put 9.1 on my phone, went to beta.apple.com/profile to get the beta profile: Login page loads, tried to log in, bam, nothing. The website won't load, the loading icon spins, it just wont log in (see attached image).

Have since: Reset all settings and data 3 times, tried this on 3 wifi networks and mobile data, restarted multiple times, cleared Safari history and data multiple times. Ended up restoring my new phone to July as this was the latest backup running iOS 8, but still, it will not log in.

Note: I've tried logging in from other computers, and even the Chrome App on the same phone, and it works fine.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what is going on here?

Attachments

• image1 (1).PNG
    image1 (1).PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 97

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
I'm afraid I can't help you, but I cannot ... whatever I do ... get any of my iOS devices to log into that URL (idsma.apple.com.) Have tried a few times over the past couple of weeks.

Interestingly, if I try logging in from a computer, it doesn't appear to hit that URL during the login process.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Try a browser other than Safari (e.g. Chrome) and try both the mobile and desktop versions of the site.
2. Is there any way you can download or otherwise get hold of the profile (.mobileconfig file) and then e-mail it to your phone for installation?

leon44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I'm afraid I can't help you, but I cannot ... whatever I do ... get any of my iOS devices to log into that URL (idsma.apple.com.) Have tried a few times over the past couple of weeks.

Interestingly, if I try logging in from a computer, it doesn't appear to hit that URL during the login process.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Try a browser other than Safari (e.g. Chrome) and try both the mobile and desktop versions of the site.
2. Is there any way you can download or otherwise get hold of the profile (.mobileconfig file) and then e-mail it to your phone for installation?

Thanks Gary! Glad to know it isn't just me actually. So yeah I have just downloaded it and emailed it to myself and that works fine... cheers!

As long as this doesn't happen with any other sites im happy to just ignore it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.