Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Curtricias

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Kortessem - Belgium
Performance unstable

I'm on my 13pro Max since April. And from the beginning I noticed some issues:

WiFi and cellular very unstable. Connection losses. Bad reception etc.

Browsing in safari is a mess. Opening time of pages sometimes takes up to a minute. Feels like I'm back in 2010.

Apps freezing. Choppy ui. I love(d) iOS of its app quality, ui smoothness. But this 13 pro max is none of that. My XsMax, 12 and 12 pro max never had these issues.

I'm on 15.4.

Why?

Waiting until ios 16 is stable enough.

Possible jailbreak.

How's every else opinion on this?

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
Sounds like a move to 16 would be something you’d want to do since it doesn’t sound like 15.4 is working for you. I’d wait until 16.2 drops this week and go for it. What do you have to lose except a phone that functions like you’d expect and all of the improvements in 16.

Reactions: Curtricias

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
No idea why you are on 15.4 when you could be on 15.7.1.

I have found 16 to be fine on my 12 Mini though. No issues on these older phones.

Hele

macrumors member
May 14, 2022
Rhode Island
I know you said the 12 was relatively trouble-free but it sounds more like a connection/carrier issue. What mobile carrier are you on? And when you're on wifi, is it a fast connection?

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
The only reason for that is a possible jailbreak....
I am interested to know why people still JailBreak Iphones. I did it for years starting with the 3GS but this was for 2 reasons 1 for carrier unlock and 2 to add functionality that Apple did not provide. I have long since found that at least in my case neither of these are still valid reasons and probably have not done a jailbreak for five or more years. What am i missing?

Curtricias

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Kortessem - Belgium
I am interested to know why people still JailBreak Iphones. I did it for years starting with the 3GS but this was for 2 reasons 1 for carrier unlock and 2 to add functionality that Apple did not provide. I have long since found that at least in my case neither of these are still valid reasons and probably have not done a jailbreak for five or more years. What am i missing?
It's just the fact that you're able to do what you want. But at the cost of SOT and battery life.

Last edited:

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Just update, there's literally nothing wrong with the latest software available in terms of stability or battery life.
Staying on 15.4 is a worse option for many reasons (security being the main one).

Reactions: Curtricias
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.