Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkyUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Hey all,

Quick question...

What happens when you unsubscribe to iTunes Match?

Do you keep all the updated music in your library?

Thanks,

Marky

EDIT: Found the answer on the iTunes Match site under the FAQ... You keep the updated music and just lose the ability to stream/download songs from the cloud.

Last edited:

tommot82

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Hey all,

Quick question...

What happens when you unsubscribe to iTunes Match?

Do you keep all the updated music in your library?

Thanks,

Marky

EDIT: Found the answer on the iTunes Match site under the FAQ... You keep the updated music and just lose the ability to stream/download songs from the cloud.

only way it could work! Otherwise the original tracks would have to be stored locally on your machine also (i.e. consuming double the storage) or apple would have to keep a copy of everyones original!

MUUUUCH easier for apple to just give you the updated bitrate songs

MarkyUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Actually just thought of another question regarding iTunes Match...

While on the service, as you add other music from other inputs do they update 'on the fly'?

I.e. If I add music from a CD or an MP3 download off the net to my library, will it automatically get scanned and improved etc. Or do you have to ask it to update the library every so often?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
On my system, they seem to go into a queue and get uploaded/matched after a short time. I usually right-click on them and select "Add to iCloud" to get the process started faster (and then usually delete and redownload them if they match, since they're usually not as high quality as the Matched files).

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.