Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmey

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2011
very easy to jailbreak with this but there seems to be a problem getting wireless working after a reboot - it doesn't see any wireless networks....anyone have any fixes? Ethernet is working fine

i have the same problem

gazpilot

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
Had the Same issue.

In the nitotv menu choose setting and restart lowtide. My wifi returned after this but every time I select reboot Atv I lose it again and have to restart lowtide.

Hope this helps

Jordanshaw

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2011
Untethered JB for ATV using GP RC6

Hey all,

I spent about 5-6 hours in total to successfully JB my ATV using GP RC6. First I found a great article on web via a tweet. I followed the article BUT i could not get my ATV into the DFU mode. After several unsuccessful attempts, I got the steps to enter DFU mode. They are below:

DFU Mode:

1. plug in usb and power.
2. open GP.
3. hold menu + down until light blinks rapidly.
4. IMMEDIATELY stop pressing menu + down and start pushing menu + play until light blinks rapidly.
5. let go of buttons, and GP started into jailbreak on its own.

However, the credit goes to the article which showed me the direction:

http://www.iwebsnacks.com/2011/02/untethered-jailbreak-apple-tv-2g-4-2-1-using-greenpois0n-rc6/

Jordon

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
WOW!

pretty cool..are you using a pc or mac? if so what osx and model of device?

I'll try that as soon as my girlfriend is done watching *****ty B movies on netflix..

lol

sweet.

So can anyone shed more light on what DFU mode is, for the GP?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
FYI..

If you install GP over the exiting tethered JB you do not have to do the inject greenp0ison option in most instructions. I saw some confusion on this earlier.

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
OH HELL YES !!!!!!!!!!

The computer retard did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0100.jpg

Now how do I use it?

Also I was using a macbookpro snow lepoard latest.....That blog helped!

OH HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!

timmey

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2011
Had the Same issue.

In the nitotv menu choose setting and restart lowtide. My wifi returned after this but every time I select reboot Atv I lose it again and have to restart lowtide.

Hope this helps

yip....worked, for now.

thanks heaps

stoplis

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2009
I'm thinking of jailbreaking mine now its untethered, but I would like to know if they have fixed the WiFi issue where it kept forgetting the password?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.