Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpn

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
hi

i know there has been a lot of confusion about apple adding many commemorative events to its US Holidays Calendar.
i dont use that calendar so i wasn't really caring too much about it.
but today the commemoration of Juneteeth showed up and since i had never heard of it i went into Calendar and saw that the event in my iOS Calendar as a "Subscribed Untitled Calendar" with this event of Juneteenth.

while i do appreciate having been prompted to learn about this commemoration (truely good to have learned about it), i cant understand why and how it is set up as a "Subscribed Untitled Calendar", and, which is not deletable. all other calendars Subscribed, official, or otherwise, are deletable. this one cant be deleted.

it doesn't appear on my mac's Calendar however, even though i am logged on with my same apple iCloud iD on both devices.

any thoughts how to delete it?

its set up as a recurring event in this Untitled Subscribed Calendar.

thanks

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
hi

i know there has been a lot of confusion about apple adding many commemorative events to its US Holidays Calendar.
but today the commemoration of Juneteeth showed up and since i had never heard of it i went into Calendar and saw that the event in my iOS Calendar as a "Subscribed Untitled Calendar" with this event of Juneteenth.

while i do appreciate having been prompted to learn about this commemoration (truely good to have learned about it), i cant understand why and how it is set up as a "Subscribed Untitled Calendar", and, which is not deletable. all other calendars Subscribed, official, or otherwise, are deletable. this one cant be deleted.

it doesn't appear on my mac's Calendar however, even though i am logged on with my same apple iCloud iD on both devices.

thanks

I just unchecked it in the calendars so it wouldn't display on the calendar. easy enough fix.

Reactions: jpn

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
hi

thanks
Yeah, something went wrong with the name of the holiday calendar recently it seems. Hopefully Apple will fix it at some point. It's there like in iOS 11 as well (and probably earlier too).

As far as subscribing, it seems to be based on the region setting of the device essentially, and short of changing regions, the only thing you can really do is basically uncheck it so it's events don't show up for you (and make sure its notifications are disabled as well).

Reactions: jpn

jpn

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
I just unchecked it in the calendars so it wouldn't display on the calendar. easy enough fix.
thanks

Yeah, something went wrong with the name of the holiday calendar recently it seems. Hopefully Apple will fix it at some point. It's there like in iOS 11 as well (and probably earlier too).

As far as subscribing, it seems to be based on the region setting of the device essentially, and short of changing regions, the only thing you can really do is basically uncheck it so it's events don't show up for you (and make sure its notifications are disabled as well).

thanks.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
My opinion is that Apple should remove the Holidays calendar option from preferences. It seems to cause more issues than it is worth. It's easy enough to find and subscribe to a properly working read-only hoilday calendar for your own region.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.