Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umdjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Washington D.C.
Hey everyone,

My PowerBook has been running real hot as oflate. However, the extra-hot source of heat is only coming from an isolated area on the labtop. Right where the microphone is built-in and where the power cord plugs into.

Is this abnormal? If it is can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
umdjb said:
Hey everyone,

My PowerBook has been running real hot as oflate. However, the extra-hot source of heat is only coming from an isolated area on the labtop. Right where the microphone is built-in and where the power cord plugs into.

Is this abnormal? If it is can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

My 12" PB is pretty warm there. Also around the battery, and under the RAM. That said, when I have my PB on a soft surface I am reminded that I need to move it a place where heat can not build up.

I had an AC adapter that went, and that is one of the places I found that got warm was by the microphone and also at the battery (that was killed by it). It might not be the same problem for you. That spot is usualy warm for my PB.

macintoshxiii

macrumors regular
May 15, 2006
Hey dude... i experienced what ya did even now..... well i guess it is pretty ok, all you need to bear in mind is to cool him... for me i had my room air-coned almost 24/7 at least a fan going on to chill it.... and try to let it shut off for ahiwle to rest. I believe this will not burn the machine off thus my actions were as stated aboved... try it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.