Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions? Thankfully I'm on the free trial of Apple TV+, otherwise I'd cancel immediately. I've been using the built-in Roku on my 'smart TV' for years, with zero issues streaming other platforms, in 4K when available, via Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc. The issue is exclusively with Apple TV+. I was able to watch Defending Jacob recently with minimal interruption, thankfully, but I tried watching Mythic Quest the last couple days and I can't go more than 5 seconds without a half second stutter as if it's buffering.

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
Do you own a Roku TV or are you using a Roku device connected to said TV?

Either way, Roku is responsible for their apps, Apple is only responsible for the AppleTV device and any Mac device running the app. I would check the Roku forums for any complaints. Odds are pretty good if there is an issue, others have it as well.

I only use an AppleTV to watch content with, so third party apps/devices are a thing of the past for me.

jimkingwood

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions? Thankfully I'm on the free trial of Apple TV+, otherwise I'd cancel immediately. I've been using the built-in Roku on my 'smart TV' for years, with zero issues streaming other platforms, in 4K when available, via Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc. The issue is exclusively with Apple TV+. I was able to watch Defending Jacob recently with minimal interruption, thankfully, but I tried watching Mythic Quest the last couple days and I can't go more than 5 seconds without a half second stutter as if it's buffering.
Are you by any chance on a Samsung "SMART" TV? They have limited memory and are notorious for buffering. If you are on a Samsung, you might want to consider deleting some of the lesser-use apps from the TV's SMART hub. That fixed my buffering issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.