Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevin_chuca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2018
Hi,
following the requirements of my university, I have changed the configuration of my email account from POP to IMAP. The problem is that parasite POP requests still remain, deleting my emails after 30 days from the server automatically.
I followed any advice from the people in charge of the servers and also those from the Mac assistance guys, but nothing works.
Anywhere in my Mac remains a POP command, that I cannot neutralize.
Does anyone have an idea about how solving this problem ? Is there any command to visualize the logs in my computer ? Is there any terminal command to stop POP connections?
Thanks for your help,
Claudio

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You might tell us what you’ve tried so that we don’t suggest it again. Did you try changing the password? If the password is changed what you’re describing could not occur.

Did you download Etrecheck and run a report? If not, you could do so and post the report here. That will give us an idea of what’s going on.

Kevin_chuca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2018
Dear Brian,
thank you very much for the suggestion. I never tried changing the password, which seems quite logical. I have just did it, let us see what happens. I also downloaded Etrecheck.
Best wishes,
Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.