Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corbin_a2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
I have two iPhone 4S's. One a 16GB running iOS 6.1.3 the other a 64GB running iOS 6.0. Can I update the 64GB to iOS 6.1.3? Want to avoid iOS 8 on this phone. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I have two iPhone 4S's. One a 16GB running iOS 6.1.3 the other a 64GB running iOS 6.0. Can I update the 64GB to iOS 6.1.3? Want to avoid iOS 8 on this phone. Thanks for any help!

iTunes will seek ios8 and that's what you'll end up with. Sorry

corbin_a2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Can't I somehow pull the Blobs from the other 4S already running 6.1.3?

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2010

Ya, sorry. Apple will only sign the latest software available. If you want the 4S to stay with iOS 6, it has to stay with 6.0. you will never be able to update or restore the 6.0 device unless you do a factory reset on the device itself.
Even if you download the ispw file from a third party source and try using that file to update or restore through iTunes, it always has to go through Apple and it will not be signed because it is not the latest version.
Your only option if you REALLY want the latest iOS 6 firmware is to buy a new or used device with that firmware. eBay is a good spot to check. 6.1.3 is latest for 4S and 6.1.4 (what I am using) is latest for iPhone 5.

corbin_a2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Ya, sorry. Apple will only sign the latest software available. If you want the 4S to stay with iOS 6, it has to stay with 6.0. you will never be able to update or restore the 6.0 device unless you do a factory reset on the device itself.
Even if you download the ispw file from a third party source and try using that file to update or restore through iTunes, it always has to go through Apple and it will not be signed because it is not the latest version.
Your only option if you REALLY want the latest iOS 6 firmware is to buy a new or used device with that firmware. eBay is a good spot to check. 6.1.3 is latest for 4S and 6.1.4 (what I am using) is latest for iPhone 5.

Got it. Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.