Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

II BISTRO II

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any info on whether or not I should upgared my apple tv 3 with the itunes 11 upgrade or wait?

I am looking to jailbreak when available.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2009
Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any info on whether or not I should upgared my apple tv 3 with the itunes 11 upgrade or wait?

I am looking to jailbreak when available.

I didn't even know there was an update out for Apple TV. I'll probly update mine. I wanted to jail break mine but i heard it was pretty difficult.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
I didn't even know there was an update out for Apple TV. I'll probly update mine. I wanted to jail break mine but i heard it was pretty difficult.

If by pretty difficult you mean "currently not possible," then yes--you are correct.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2009
If by pretty difficult you mean "currently not possible," then yes--you are correct.

Ha ha yea I guess that is pretty difficult then! I forget where i read before that jail breaking Apple TV's are harder than an iPhone/iPad or other IOS devices.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
As a standard rule you shouldn't update a device you want to jb.
I haven't read anything from the jb people telling us to update, so I would say no for now.

peewee2012

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Seasonpass for ATV3 should be with us within days hopefully.
It has been successfully broken and in tethered beta test for the last month with 500 testers.
Testing finished a few days ago and an untethered version has been created.
The only developement needed now is a simple programme to install it before it is released free to the public.

Usually the best reliable source for news on ATV JB.

http://www.appletv3jailbreak.com/2012/12/apple-tv-3-1080p-untethered-jailbreak.html

All seems genuine.
Same team that released the ios 5.1.1 jailbreak, so unlikely to be like recent hoax claims.

Can't wait.

Last edited:

II BISTRO II

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Seasonpass for ATV3 should be with us within days hopefully.
It has been successfully broken and in tethered beta test for the last month with 500 testers.
Testing finished a few days ago and an untethered version has been created.
The only developement needed now is a simple programme to install it before it is released free to the public.

Usually the best reliable source for news on ATV JB.

http://www.appletv3jailbreak.com/2012/12/apple-tv-3-1080p-untethered-jailbreak.html

All seems genuine.
Same team that released the ios 5.1.1 jailbreak, so unlikely to be like recent hoax claims.

Can't wait.

tumblr_lhqavgEeSP1qzamioo1_1280.jpg

Sgtarky

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
Benton, Arkansas
really need the jb so i can put xbmc on it and make it useful. hell i would have to change my whole media setup to use this apple tv 3 and iTunes its ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.