Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I am trying to restore but itunes is saying I must update first. I was unable to find the other method for restoring without updating. Could someone please fill me in. Is there another option i must uncheck in itunes?

I realize there is a ton of questions like this lately but i am nervous with this type of stuff.

thanks

Macmoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Also after a complete jailbreak with .3 do i need the password and my ip address, I wrote them down but never used them. I only have the iphone apps and I don't really have interest in trying summerboard? Is there any else to do after a completed jailbreak or am I all set?

applecheese

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
Also after a complete jailbreak with .3 do i need the password and my ip address, I wrote them down but never used them. I only have the iphone apps and I don't really have interest in trying summerboard? Is there any else to do after a completed jailbreak or am I all set?

nah you dont need your ip address. the iphone apps just install with installer unlike when you've already jailbroken it and try to install the iphone apps.

Macmoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Thanks, do i need to keep the installer program when I am finished or can I uninstall it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.