Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maddante1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2018
Hi,

I just bought an iPad Pro 12.9” (2nd gen) wireless + cellular from Saudi Arabia where I live.

The carrier settings version is 32.0
I tried to update the settings version to the current 32.1 via iTunes (PC) but the message just keeps popping to update & when I press update it says completed, but it doesn’t really update.

In Saudi, FaceTime only works when the carrier settings is updated to 32.1. The FaceTime icon on my iPad is missing and the download icon on the App Store for it is grayed out.

Note: all my other Apple devices have working FaceTime. Also, I tried a couple of working sim cards in the iPad but that didn’t update the Carrier Settings version.

Please help?!

Maddante1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2018
You can manually trigger the carrier update by going to Settings>General>About and wait a few seconds for a prompt to appear
Thanks for replying.
However, I’ve tried this method. Nothing pops up.

Anyway I can download the carrier settings version any of my other devices and manually upload it via iTunes?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
If you can't trigger it, you can try a different SIM card and a carrier update prompt may appear and swap it back to the intended network to see if it will reappear again. Or updating your device will automatically install the latest carrier update or you can also reset network or all settings on your device.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Which version of iOS? Needs to be 11.3 or higher for Saudi Arabia.

Which country and cellular company are you trying to use it in? Might be a local block or carrier that does not support.

Or might be due to who you bought the iPad from:

FaceTime may be unavailable if your device originates from this country or region and becomes unlocked or is used in another country or region.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204042

Maddante1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2018
If you can't trigger it, you can try a different SIM card and a carrier update prompt may appear and swap it back to the intended network to see if it will reappear again. Or updating your device will automatically install the latest carrier update or you can also reset network or all settings on your device.
Thx for replying.

Latest iOS installed (11.4.1)

Will try inserting a SIM fron another carrier and see what happens.

Thx!
[doublepost=1534127273][/doublepost]
Which version of iOS? Needs to be 11.3 or higher for Saudi Arabia.

Which country and cellular company are you trying to use it in? Might be a local block or carrier that does not support.

Or might be due to who you bought the iPad from:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204042

Thx for replying.

There was a ban on FaceTime in Saudi for some time but it has been lifted.
As I mentioned, all my other Apple devices have working FaceTime. Some of those devices were bought from the US and some for Saudi. The ones from Saudi had no working FaceTime before until the ban was lifted and the carrier settings were updated to the latest version (32.1) when updated through the prompt having appeared in Settings>General>About.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.