Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crunch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Crazy L.A.
No, I don't have a dock. I have two external hard drives connected to the USB-C ports - one for TimeMachine and one for CCC backups. I left them connected during the upgrade. Not sure I understand the meaning of your question.

It was more of a rhetorical question and statement. So you're having a problem with the upgrade without even the variable of a USB-C dock? Now I feel even worse about upgrading my own machine...:( :( :(

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
It was more of a rhetorical question and statement. So you're having a problem with the upgrade without even the variable of a USB-C dock? Now I feel even worse about upgrading my own machine...:( :( :(

Must be a misunderstanding somewhere. My upgrade went VERY WELL. It took only 45 minutes from beginning to end and I'm now happily running Mojave with no issues. I did need to reinstall my Epson printer, but that took 2 minutes. I am very satisfied with the upgrade, and do not want to discourage others from doing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.