Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I have a early 2015 Macbook and I just ran software update yesterday, it downloaded some update and I installed it, I just assumed that it was High Sierra, though now I check and I am running 10.11.6 El Capitan. When I go to software update nothing else shows up? Any ideas?

Thanks.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you want to upgrade to High Sierra:
App Store/Featured tab.
Click on the High Sierra banner - or, "Apps Made by Apple", then click on macOS High Sierra.

Be certain to have a good backup before you begin the upgrade, just on the possibility that something happens during, or there is some problem with upgrading your drive to APFS, or you just don't like the High Sierra upgrade.
The challenge is if you upgrade your drive to APFS, and then want to back out of that. The drive will have to be erased if you want to revert, so a backup is essential for THIS upgrade, even if you don't ordinarily think about backups.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I have a early 2015 Macbook and I just ran software update yesterday, it downloaded some update and I installed it, I just assumed that it was High Sierra, though now I check and I am running 10.11.6 El Capitan. When I go to software update nothing else shows up? Any ideas?
Thanks.
I stand behind my posted answer to your previous thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-update-does-not-show-for-me.2072963/

But, i also agree with dianeoforegon, I recommend waiting for a few more point releases before installing macOS High Sierra to avoid possible confusion and problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.