Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

W1cH099

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
Guatemala
Hi everyone! so I posted a thread about a used MacBook Pro 13 inch 2016 that I bought like a month ago, I been using it since then while still having available my previous one a 2015 13 inch MacBook Pro, my main concern was and still is the keyboard issues but more importantly the flex gate thing, let me tell you how things are going...

IMG_2613.JPG

to start a little info on where I live and where I use it, here in my country there are not apple store, the one thing that I was ok with this Mac was that it has apple care + but I can't use it here (I know its my fault for not checking that coverage on the local stores first) while the keyboard replacement program is available here im more concern about the display to be honest, I work in a very dusty environment so that's why I bought and been using a keyboard cover since day one

IMG_2614.JPG

the Mac itself its like new condition not a single dent or scratch on it, since im using that cover im not worry about the cover wich has been working flawlessly day one, I like using the Touch Bar but I can see why not many people like it, battery life its good but not great and I have to use dongles to connect to hdmi to my monitor for watching series, it hasn't been to much of a struggle to be honest, now lets talk about that flex gate thing, the whole time I've been using this Mac u have not even one open the lip more than 110 degree angle with its usable but not confortable at all, I read somewhere that the issue appears when the lid its open to the max angle posible and then being pushed a little more, im not sure about that but not all MacBooks from this year have been affected so im crossing my fingers that using it this way should not have issues.

IMG_2615.JPG

so far I've been loving this Mac and its working perfectly I really hope the display dont cause any issues but im still considering selling it and keep my previous one, in the mid time ill keep using this one and if anything happend ill update for you guys. thank you for taking your time and check this post any comments, suggestions, tips anything its Wellcome and ill be reading the comments!

Reactions: Howard2k
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.