Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
UK
Not long to wait now.

Meanwhile, Samsung Electronics will release the results of the Galaxy Note7 fire investigation by the end of this month. It is rumored that the root cause of the fire is not a simple battery problem but it is an electronic hardware design problem. The investigation was conducted by U.S.-based safety organization UL. Samsung is highly likely to reveal the probe results along with the independent investigation that the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) asked to the Korea Testing Laboratory (KTL).

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/engl...tronics-release-galaxy-note-8-after-revealing

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Hmmm after trying to get the whole debacle off the news agenda I'm not sure they won't try to quietly sweep this under the carpet. Or at least bury it on a bad news day with a very generic statement.

Re-lighting the fire () makes little sense when they want to sell new product. They've already lost enough money and goodwill.

It'd be a huge mistake for Samsung to try to sweep this under the rug. That'd be the opposite of transparency. Such a move would not welcome people back to trust them with their next big flagship, the s8.

Yes, it turns out not many people will be leaving Samsung despite the Note 7, but Samsung wants to capture more than their core fans. They need to reassure the general buying public that they understand what happened and will know how to prevent it in the future. This is key.

Besides, I think it's rather interesting. Rumor has it that Samsung is putting SDI in charge of battery safety. Recently, they've said the Note line shall return this Fall. Some are predicting that the battery might not have been the main culprit. If true, what could it be?

As a tech fan, I'm just really curious what the official word is on what took down the mighty Note 7. It was Samsung's year to lose (everyone gained from their absence this buying season). It's a great tech tragedy. I want to know what happened and I want to be assured the s8 is safe.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.