Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hxe3333

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Can someone make native app on iPhone or something on Mac side that remembers all the setting of native apps installed on iPhone? So that after restoring my iPhone for the 1.1.1 update ( or more to come), i don't have to install and setup one by one when reinstall installer.app?

We know update from Apple is coming soon, and we also know the installer.app guys will do good job rehacking and come back to iPhone pribablly in few days! So we gatta be ready too!

hxe3333

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
If it was that easy, I think the touch would already be hacked.. but it isn't.

So... are u saying that installer.app won't come out in few days for next firmware unlike the last update?

I thought iPod Touch hasn't been hacked because of its own system (slightly different OS structure or hardware from iPhone), but is it actually the iPod Touch firmware (which I guess is similar to the new firmware coming for iPhone?) preventing from hacking?

Hope the iPhone dev guys figure out fast cuz I wanna use both new functions from apple and native apps from installer.app... It's hard for me to wait that long as ppl suggesting to wait update till installer app gets compatible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.