Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghiesz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
I have an iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2019) and have now updated from Big Sur to Monterey.
Actually, everything didn't go badly, but there is now a problem with waking up, because something seems to be stuck and there is a kernel panic afterwards.

The error messages are different and I have now meticulously updated all the programs I use to Monterey.

It's been getting better and better since then, but if the computer has been idle for a long time, the screens stay black and it runs into a timeout, after the restart the menu bar is gone and I have to start again.

This doesn't happen in safe mode, so it must be a program interfering with the awaking process.

I have already run entrecheck and did some research, but I hope to get input from the forum on what else could be tried.

As it seems, the phenomenon is not that rare, but I can't find any solutions and in the Apple forum I only read the standard answers from users who don't know their way around very well, but are happy to give tips ;-).

I had occasionally had that under Big Sur, but then the screens had scrambled and he said, I have 2 4K screens connected to the iMac via USB C, it had previously had the HDMI outputs on the screens, that was suboptimal .

To date, i.e. 3 years, the screens have been running without any problems.

And by the way, why are the error report is unreadable und send it to apple run into a beachball and a few time later the message goes out, this since years, why are some bugs are never fixed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.