Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Or is the problem mostly with the hardware and am I better off upgrading?

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
If you love the phone, swap battery the 5.8 doesn’t exist anymore And it’ll solve your issues. If not use it as an excuse to upgrade.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Its possible that IOS 14 is better at reading the battery's health more accurately. My own 8 Plus, which is essentially the same as your X, currently shows 87% on IOS 13. I plan to change the battery, but using my 12 Mini as my daily driver now. You should really just change the battery for £/$50 , like acorntoy said, their is no 5.8" size iphone anymore, so a fresh battery will give it a new lease of life.

Reactions: acorntoy and TH55

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
What’s the 5.8?
The screen size of the iPhone X. It has been discontinued.
if you want to stick with that size but still upgrade you could buy a refurbished XS or 11 pro directly from Apple ( it’s basically a new phone I’ve had a -lot- of experience). The X will feel great with a new battery though, as it’s cheap I’d recommend changing the battery, and if you don’t feel like it’s improved enough sell the phone. If you make a point that it has a new battery when selling you will recover most of the cost back. Even non techies check iPhone batteries when buying second hand these days, A phone with a new battery will command top price at whatever condition it’s in.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.