Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
England
Hi all,

I just wondered, if the rumoured updates for the PB do take places, does anyone anticipate that there will be a price drop, or do you reckon the price will increase?

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Apple doesn't do price drops on their current offerings. Once they lower the price, it's difficult to raise them again.

Fender

macrumors regular
May 9, 2004
Toronto, CANADA
I'm in the market for a PB 15" immediately, so I wish they'd lower the price. But, I doubt they'll be doing that.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about when we'll see an update. :confused:

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
Lacero said:
Apple doesn't do price drops on their current offerings. Once they lower the price, it's difficult to raise them again.

How do you figure?

They dropped the price on the 14" iBook with SuperDrive during the most recent update.

I think a price drop is very likely, as there seems to be sufficient space between PowerBook and iBook prices to allow for one.

Apple lowers their prices all of the time. The second most recent example would be with the 60 GB iPod when they merged the lines in July.

To further squash your point, Apple seems to have no shame in raising the price when they REALLY update a product.

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
Fender said:
I'm in the market for a PB 15" immediately, so I wish they'd lower the price. But, I doubt they'll be doing that.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about when we'll see an update. :confused:
Hmmm, I've been giving the tiniest bit of thought to maybe, possibly selling or trading my 15" PB. Please PM me if you're interested. Not sure that I'll be selling, but who knows right?

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
I've waited out this "Don't Buy -- updates soon" nonsense along with everyone else. We're all suckers. There's gonna be no updates this week, none next week, or the week after that. But we'll continue hoping, until Greg J in Apple Marketing echoes last year's sentiment: "Our current product line will remain so throughout the holiday season."

And then --- macWorld Jan a whole 4 months later, where modest updates will be introduced. wow, lennon was right -- we make ridiculous plans, and life whizzes by.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
djkny said:
I've waited out this "Don't Buy -- updates soon" nonsense along with everyone else. We're all suckers. There's gonna be no updates this week, none next week, or the week after that. But we'll continue hoping, until Greg J in Apple Marketing echoes last year's sentiment: "Our current product line will remain so throughout the holiday season."

And then --- macWorld Jan a whole 4 months later, where modest updates will be introduced. wow, lennon was right -- we make ridiculous plans, and life whizzes by.

waiting sucks. =(

Fender

macrumors regular
May 9, 2004
Toronto, CANADA
I'd buy a new PB 15" tomorrow if I knew we were getting a little bump, but... The thing I'm afraid of, is that it won't be just some little bump. With my crappy luck it will have DDR2, higher res, 128mb videocard, etc...

Me being the market is terrible for everyone else :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.