Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatzalam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2019
Bay Area, California
I unfortunately don't have many games to A/B this with, nor any other graphics-intensive apps, but since I updated my Mac Studio (M2 Ultra, 64GB RAM base model) to Sonoma 14.4, each time I have attempted to play No Man's Sky (a very popular game that's available for MacOS via Steam), my fan goes to full blast, audio stutters, and then the entire machine crashes.

This never happened before updating to 14.4, and is repeatable literally every time I have tried playing my game.

I saved the contents of one of my crash reports (my system reboots after the crash) and the beginning of the report indicates a graphics issue, but I'm convinced it's 14.4 related:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffe003221ce5c): GFX SERROR Exception class=0x2f (SError interrupt), IL=1, iss=0 - agx_interrupt(4)

RTKit: RTKit-2419.101.1.release - Client: not set

Faulting task stack frame:

Wrong frame size for ARMv8. Got 840 bytes, expected 828

Exception class=0x2f (SError interrupt), IL=1, iss=0

I'm curious if anyone else has run into this sort of error since updating. Between this and all of the other issues, this has got to be the worst OS update I've ever experienced in my 25 years of Mac ownership.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.