Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kilo-9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I updated my iPhone X to iOS 12 and now the apps/folders on page 2 of my home screen are no longer visible. I can access and open them via spotlight search. Anyone know how to make them all visible again?

Kilo-9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Before I did a restore, I decided to contact Apple Support chat. The tech had me go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. This brought all of my apps back to being visible on the home screen. The side effect is that I have to redo all of my folders and layout. Oh well...I guess it's a good time to reorganize.

aengelbrecht

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2017
I noticed iOS 12 added a few extra icons on the home screen which moved some icons to a screen/page over and then my 2nd page was moved to a 3rd page. Had to swipe through screens and move icons and reorganize. Didn't loose anything, it was just moved around which forced more work to get reorganized again.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Yeah, iOS 12 made a mess of my iPad Pro’s home screen layout. Some apps were pushed to screens so far back I didn’t know they were there. It took me a while to bring them back to close to what I had originally.

I remember a previous iOS update caused one or two app icons to completely disappear and could only be located by spotlight search. I believe a device restart brought them back. If that reset option clears all your folders that would be a total disaster for me.

Kilo-9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I tried several restarts to no avail. I was relieved that the apps came back, but equally disgusted that I had to reorganize folders. And to make matters worse, Apple removed the ability to organize apps/folders/home screen layout from iTunes, so it has to be done manually on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.