Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsiim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Hi

I've updated my Windows 10 running through bootcamp the other day. The update required the iMac to restart a couple of times, while installing the new Windows update.

However, things are acting strange in OSX since. I've tried updating to Sierra as well, but no fix on the issues. Here's what happens

- Mail is unable to read emails, and the programme will freeze shortly afterwards
- Safari is unable to read websites, just shows blank white screens. Also freezes at some point.
- Sometimes, everything in my dock will just bounce up and down when i try to open a programme.
- At some point, everything i open will not respond and gives me the message "Can't open *programme* because the *programme* is not responding"

All this happens at random times. But always aften the iMac has been shut down. Sometimes when i boot, everything is running fine. Other times, it's completely useless.

I have a 5K 27-inch late 2015 iMac fully maxed out.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't think the windows update would have caused the symptoms that you're describing.

If something were to happen, the OS X partition would have been corrupted, not having some apps becoming buggy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.