Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeformed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2008
ok. so its been almost a year since i upgraded my ATV to 120gb. Since than there have been numerous sw updates from apple, mine is still 1.0. What is the best way to get to current sw version? If i have to reformat the HDD, it may make sense to just get a bigger HDD while i am at it.

I have to admit that i have totally forgotten how i upgraded my HDD. :oops: I do know that I used information from http://appletvhacks.net

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Well, if all you did was upgrade your hard drive and didnt hack the atv software, then just update like everyone else. There is no difference.

Now if you have hacked your atv software, that is another matter altogether.

asdp38

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
France
block

Hi guys
since my last message, I have succed to start and use my ATV during 2 hours, but after to tried to upgrade it, problem !!!!, the "?" logo came.

SO after reading somes tips on the web, i think the problem came from the recovery partition. This is one is build but empty,

Do you have any idear in order the to build it ?? i have download a torrent image but its fails when I wnt the restore the factory default setting

Many thankxxxx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.