Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macinet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Have a new iPod Nano and it wont connect to my iTunes cause I'm still running Leopard as my OS (never got around to updating each version). It needs OS X version 10.7 or higher

Whats the best way to update without spending lots?

I'm upgrading my iMac shortly, so dont want to spend lots updating my current machine to get music onto iPod.

Thanks in advance

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Have a new iPod Nano and it wont connect to my iTunes cause I'm still running Leopard as my OS (never got around to updating each version). It needs OS X version 10.7 or higher

Whats the best way to update without spending lots?

I'm upgrading my iMac shortly, so dont want to spend lots updating my current machine to get music onto iPod.

Thanks in advance
Call Apple to order a Snow Leopard install disc (should be about $20.) After you install SL and make sure it's updated to 10.6.6 or higher, you can then go to the Mac App Store and install Mountain Lion (10.8).

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
OP I think this message is referring to iTunes 10.7...

nfiba1.png

Last edited:

macinet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
I downloaded the latest iTunes but it wouldn't install on my 2007 iMac with Leopard OS.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Just to be pedantic, that title should be Upgrading from Leopard. If you had an early version of Leopard, you could update it to the last version of Leopard.

aramanda

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
i can't get updates for my soft leopard OS

hi everyone, i am trying to set up my new office so i downloaded the microsoft office for mac, but to run the installation, i need a higher version of the OS on my mac book air. i tried to run the software update, it prompts me that the OS is up to date but it isn't, even my itunes isn't. please how do i run this update cos i really need to install the office :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(.

please in trying to help, use less technical jargons.

thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
hi everyone, i am trying to set up my new office so i downloaded the microsoft office for mac, but to run the installation, i need a higher version of the OS on my mac book air. i tried to run the software update, it prompts me that the OS is up to date but it isn't, even my itunes isn't. please how do i run this update cos i really need to install the office
You can't upgrade from one version of OS X to another by using Software Update. You have to buy whatever version you want to install.

Software update, upgrade--what's the difference?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.