Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

veroguru

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
As all of you guys may recall I’m a die-hard user of my beloved iPhone 7. However, on special occasions I also still use my loyal iPhone 4S, commonly known as the high school sweetheart of phones.

It is a well-known fact that many of us still cherish the form factor and secure technology of iPhone 4S: there is no biometric data stored anywhere in the phone. And let’s not forget that back in the days 4S used to be the best iPhone that was ever made. To some of us it still is – although most of us don’t admit it because peer pressure makes us pretenders: we pretend to love latest iPhone’s when in reality iPhone 4S keeps dominating our minds – just like our high school boy/girlfriends do.

And now to the question. During my latest discussion with my cousin something very interesting came up: the idea of using iPhone 13 Pro components to update older iPhones such as 4S. What do you guys think: would it be possible? And which components could we use? I personally would love iPhone 4S with Sierra Blue stainless steel chassis!

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
here is - due to the temporarily lack of one for the iPhone 13 - a tear down of the iPhone 4 , one for the iPhone 12 and one for the 12 mini. I suggest studying the components, acquiring knowledge about protocols, maybe brush up your abilities in soldering, etc. - oh, as well as how recent versions of iOS store biometric data and how to turn certain features off.

And then:

get the Sierra Blue iPhone 13. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: nowise and veroguru

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
You know that the term „the best iPhone ever made“ appears every year with a new model?

To your question: no, not possible. why? All components come with special connectors, fixing points, dimensions and are software dependent.

if you would have apples laboratory then maybe for costs which would be multiple-times more than buying any iphone

Reactions: veroguru
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.