Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SawThings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
I am on the final beta of 13.4 (I have since removed the profile)

Now when I connect a USB-c to the Ipad (12.9” Pro 256gb LTE) it does charge, but about 30 seconds in the icon in the upper right disappears and the external monitor never initiates.

Are any of you seeing this?

I am plugged into the LG 27“ 5k Display purchased at the apple store.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I am on the final beta of 13.4 (I have since removed the profile)

Now when I connect a USB-c to the Ipad (12.9” Pro 256gb LTE) it does charge, but about 30 seconds in the icon in the upper right disappears and the external monitor never initiates.

Are any of you seeing this?

I am plugged into the LG 27“ 5k Display purchased at the apple store.

Why not install the release version?

SawThings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
Why not install the release version?
I am not sure how - I did remove the profile so that when the next update comes out I will be back on the release version
[automerge]1585425535[/automerge]
It looks like the only cable that works is the USB C that came with the monitor... Not sure why that is. I am also sure before the update it worked with Apple USBC but I could be wrong....

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I am not sure how - I did remove the profile so that when the next update comes out I will be back on the release version
[automerge]1585425535[/automerge]
It looks like the only cable that works is the USB C that came with the monitor... Not sure why that is. I am also sure before the update it worked with Apple USBC but I could be wrong....
What you're calling the final beta is probably the release version. You'll want to confirm that you're using 13.4 build 17E255. If you aren't running 17E255, then you need to update.

Reactions: SawThings

SawThings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
What you're calling the final beta is probably the release version. You'll want to confirm that you're using 13.4 build 17E255. If you aren't running 17E255, then you need to update.
Thank you - just checked and I am on 17E255

Looks like the other USB C Cables I was using are just not supported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.