Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h3isenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
I am on 11.2.2 and would like to update to 11.3.1. However, after trying to do it yesterday through iTunes (restoring with a downloaded 11.3.1 ispw) it wouldn’t let me saying “The iphone could not be restored. Declinded to authorize this image on this device for this user”. I am stuck and don’t know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I am on 11.2.2 and would like to update to 11.3.1. However, after trying to do it yesterday through iTunes (restoring with a downloaded 11.3.1 ispw) it wouldn’t let me saying “The iphone could not be restored. Declinded to authorize this image on this device for this user”. I am stuck and don’t know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The post above is correct. You can at this point install only either 11.4 or 11.4.1.

h3isenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Believe can only go to 11.4/.1 as 11.3.1 is no longer being signed.
Thanks. I thought that when it stops being signed that it means you can’t downgrade your phone. I’ve installed newer versions before (not latest) after Apple stopped signing which is why I’m confused.

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
Thanks. I thought that when it stops being signed that it means you can’t downgrade your phone. I’ve installed newer versions before (not latest) after Apple stopped signing which is why I’m confused.
You can only install the versions that are currently signed. Anything that is unsigned will not somehow let you still install it, not after 10 or so years of fixes trying to prevent that.

Usually that is the current version and (for about a week or so) the immediately previous version. So if you installed a version that was not the latest, it likely was the previous version (and not any version at random).

Since 11.4.1 is the newest, you can only choose between 11.4.1 and 11.4 (the previous one) like others have mentioned.

Reactions: h3isenberg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.