Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fantoni

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hi, I have an iPad 3 with iOS 6.1. Last time I used it was 2 months ago (I have another, more recent iPad). This evening I would like to update my iPad 3 to iOS 7, but I have a doubt. As you can guess, for every app installed on the device, there is an update available. Should I update first the apps an then iOS or viceversa?
Thanks
Fantoni

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I will update iOS 7 first, then update each individual apps. Some apps are optimized for iOS 7, so unless you updated to iOS 7, you might not get the latest update.

Hi, I have an iPad 3 with iOS 6.1. Last time I used it was 2 months ago (I have another, more recent iPad). This evening I would like to update my iPad 3 to iOS 7, but I have a doubt. As you can guess, for every app installed on the device, there is an update available. Should I update first the apps an then iOS or viceversa?
Thanks
Fantoni

That's not true. The update is the same, whether or not you're already on iOS 7. The app will recognize what version of iOS you're running and display accordingly. But it doesn't matter which you do first. My fiancee had a 4S running iOS 6. She updated all of her apps, and they worked as you'd expect on iOS 6. She then updated to iOS 7, and all of the apps she had updated before upgrading to iOS 7 now displayed as they should on iOS 7, without any further updating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.