Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Here’s the tea, my boyfriend is on the super old Verizon Unlimited plan. Grandfathered in. He wants to upgrade to the 13 Pro. Best Buy will give him $300 for trade in and he buys the phone outright for $1300 (minus trade in). Verizon will give him $800 but he needs to be on a new plan and it’s over 24/30 months. He would finally have 5G. He can finally use the cellular on his Apple Watch.

What should we do? I’m pushing him to move to my plan. What would you do?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
What should we do? I’m pushing him to move to my plan. What would you do?

I think before anyone can help give you advice here we need more information. How much is he paying for his plan now? How much would he be paying to switch to your plan?

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I think before anyone can help give you advice here we need more information. How much is he paying for his plan now? How much would he be paying to switch to your plan?
$50 now/$65 after. But he gets hotspot, 5G, new device, etc

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I'd personally go with the upgraded plan. I cannot tell you how many times I've used my iPhone as a hotspot for friends, or for myself with my iPad when I'm out of the house and away from WiFi coverage. I'm on Verizon with 4 lines and I pay $45 per line, $175 monthly including taxes/fees. Everybody has unlimited everything.

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2020
I'd personally go with the upgraded plan. I cannot tell you how many times I've used my iPhone as a hotspot for friends, or for myself with my iPad when I'm out of the house and away from WiFi coverage. I'm on Verizon with 4 lines and I pay $45 per line, $175 monthly including taxes/fees. Everybody has unlimited everything.

But with gudp you can easily have unlimited anything. If money is not much of a factor buy full price with a trade in of $500 I think. Keep that plan. It’s much better. Plus 5G is not really important rn

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
5G was the final justification I needed to upgrade from my 11 Pro Max. Its finally available in my area and when I got 5G on my Pixel 5 the speed was shockingly good. I passed on the 12 because at the time there was no 5G near me. But now... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.