Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dooku77

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2014
Yes. It’s 20.00 at the store at the time of purchase in store. It’s called something else, but they do charge one. I just paid it twice to upgrade.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Yes. It’s 20.00 at the store at the time of purchase in store. It’s called something else, but they do charge one. I just paid it twice to upgrade.

Did you upgrade via T-Mobile? Or through Apple's Upgrade Program?

Last year when I upgraded to the X (via T-Mobile) I didn't pay an upgrade fee. This yea when I went with the IUP, I didn't pay the fee either time. I also did everything online, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

dooku77

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2014
Did you upgrade via T-Mobile? Or through Apple's Upgrade Program?

Last year when I upgraded to the X (via T-Mobile) I didn't pay an upgrade fee. This yea when I went with the IUP, I didn't pay the fee either. I also did everything online, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I did it through the T Mobile store. Charged me for Samsung Watch, Apple Watch and Xs Max. All lines charged with 20.00 fees.

dooku77

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2014
Interesting. It must be something with upgrading in-store then. Good to know though.

The only time they don’t charge the fee is when you order something in store and it’s back ordered like the Stainless Apple Watch. That’s what the salesman told me.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Does T-Mobile charge an upgrade fee through iPhone Upgrade Program?

I did it through the T Mobile store. Charged me for Samsung Watch, Apple Watch and Xs Max. All lines charged with 20.00 fees.

OP - you should clarify which upgrade program you're speaking of. The Apple iPhone Upgrade Program can only be done directly through Apple online or in one of their Apple stores. You would not be charged an upgrade fee by T-Mobile if you did this as the device purchase is outside of TMO. I have swapped SIMs as well as activated the SIM that came w/ the upgraded phone over the upgrade years and I have never ever been charged an upgrade fee.

I assume @dooku77 upgraded through T-Mobile's program and was charged.

dooku77

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2014
OP - you should clarify which upgrade program you're speaking of. The Apple iPhone Upgrade Program can only be done directly through Apple online or in one of their Apple stores. You would not be charged an upgrade fee by T-Mobile if you did this as the device purchase is outside of TMO. I have swapped SIMs as well as activated the SIM that came w/ the upgraded phone and I have never ever been charged an upgrade fee.

I assume @dooku77 upgraded through T-Mobile's program and was charged.

Yes that is correct, I did it in the T Mobile store and not Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.