Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2022
Hi. I am currently using my 14 Pro Max as my main Youtube video and reels camera. I am getting a very good price for it now if I sell it. But Im thinking shall I keep it and wait for the 16 next year. Or sell it and buy the 15 Pro Max but I will have to spend some money. So in context:
14 pro max - 1,50,000
14 Pro Max Sale - 1,10,000
15 Pro max - Should be more than 1,50,000 I guess
So I will have to shell out around 60000 approx if I buy the 15

Flip Side - The battery on my 8 month old 14 pro max is at 97% and falling. So thats one concern too.

Your opinions on the above will help me to make a decision. Thank you.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Wait until the Pro Max 15 is released to see if the specifications would favor an upgrade.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
The rumored 6x optical zoom in the iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max is a nice upgrade for me but I will keep on using my iPhone 14 Pro Max for now...

I have my iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB as photo and video backup for my iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB...

I don't have the budget/funds for an upgrade when I just purchased the iPhone 14 Pro Max mid-year of its release and I don't see myself getting a newer model until around 2028... I still have my Nikon D5500 DSLR camera for other photo and video use cases... I have a 55-300mm lens that I use for long range shooting and I purchased a prime lens with an aperture of f/1.8 for bokeh/low-light shooting aside from the current capability of the iPhone 14 Pro Max...

If you are after the latest and greatest and you have the buying power or can purchase in cash, then go for it... Buying cash in full to me is how I purchase my devices...

Reactions: Lwii2boo

sunster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2022
The rumored 6x optical zoom in the iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max is a nice upgrade for me but I will keep on using my iPhone 14 Pro Max for now...

I have my iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB as photo and video backup for my iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB...

I don't have the budget/funds for an upgrade when I just purchased the iPhone 14 Pro Max mid-year of its release and I don't see myself getting a newer model until around 2028... I still have my Nikon D5500 DSLR camera for other photo and video use cases... I have a 55-300mm lens that I use for long range shooting and I purchased a prime lens with an aperture of f/1.8 for bokeh/low-light shooting aside from the current capability of the iPhone 14 Pro Max...

If you are after the latest and greatest and you have the buying power or can purchase in cash, then go for it... Buying cash in full to me is how I purchase my devices...
Hmm looks like Ill wait it out

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
I upgrade every year and I have since the original iPhone. I am going to wait and see what is offered first this year. I have locked in my price with MM incase I do decide to upgrade again this year 😄

Reactions: RRC

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Are you monetized on youtube? If so then I could see that justifying the upgrade since its a Business purchase so to speak... and you would benefit from any camera improvements via your content creation.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
Just like "biginyc" mentioned above, if you earn money from your videos and such with your iPhone, go for the 15 pro max. You can't consider the depreciation as a loss. If you are happy with your phone, keep it and invest in a good camera for your videos instead.

Reactions: bigjnyc

inthequantum

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I upgrade every year and I have since the original iPhone. I am going to wait and see what is offered first this year. I have locked in my price with MM incase I do decide to upgrade again this year 😄
What's MM and what was your offer?

Hiimkevin062

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Orange County
I work for a wireless carrier and have upgraded every year since the original iPhone (woah I found a way to date myself) I currently have the 14 pro max and have been debating everyday if I should go for the 15 pro max. To be quite honest I don’t think you should do it unless you’re getting a crazy trade in deal and have the disposable income.

Titanium and USB C will not do you any favors in the YouTube realm. Invest in portable chargers(anker) if you’re having battery issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.