Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eedoxies

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2015
Upgrading line for family member who is an infrequent, light user. Currently using iPhone 7, planning upgrade to SE 2022. Going to buy from Apple for trade in value, albeit only $50 but Verizon has no offers. Since SE is 5G capable, is SIM card different or should I put 7 SIM in new phone ? Between no trade in and the $35 upgrade fee, sometimes I wish Verizon didn't have the best coverage where I live.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Upgrading line for family member who is an infrequent, light user. Currently using iPhone 7, planning upgrade to SE 2022. Going to buy from Apple for trade in value, albeit only $50 but Verizon has no offers. Since SE is 5G capable, is SIM card different or should I put 7 SIM in new phone ? Between no trade in and the $35 upgrade fee, sometimes I wish Verizon didn't have the best coverage where I live.
You can use your old SIM card for 5G in a new phone. Getting the best coverage is worth the extra expense in my experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.