Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevbasscat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2016
Banning, CA 92220
What is the best way to upgrade from 10.7.2 to 13.6? Would Apple's new Control + Option+ R that updates straight to the highest OS your device can accept work, or would I miss critical firmware updates and such? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Btw the gpu is fine, and I know the mods in case it fails. I'm going to leave it running till it fails. No plans for Mojave. Or should I update to Mountain Lion, then Yosemite, the Sierra then HS? I have the discs for ML, and Yosemite Mavericks, but they would need updated so no. If I need to update incrementally I'd most likely download from my 18,3 iMac and burn install discs on usb so I can retain the copies.
Thanks in advance.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
What is the best way to upgrade from 10.7.2 to 13.6? Would Apple's new Control + Option+ R that updates straight to the highest OS your device can accept work, or would I miss critical firmware updates and such? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Btw the gpu is fine, and I know the mods in case it fails. I'm going to leave it running till it fails. No plans for Mojave. Or should I update to Mountain Lion, then Yosemite, the Sierra then HS? I have the discs for ML, and Yosemite Mavericks, but they would need updated so no. If I need to update incrementally I'd most likely download from my 18,3 iMac and burn install discs on usb so I can retain the copies.
Thanks in advance.
I believe you would need to upgrade to Sierra first and then you can upgrade to High Sierra.

You can’t install High Sierra directly from Lion. You can download Sierra from here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208202

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevbasscat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.