Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactreouser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Hi, lately I've decided to upgrade my MacBook Air (2015) OS from Mojave to Catalina!

Unfortunately, the System Preference - Software Update result shown Monterey is available to upgrade!

So, I was downloaded Catalina Installer and proceed for upgrade.

I've tried a thousand times, the Catalina Installation will definitely can't be completed, and it just stuck in halfway (progressing bar didn't move forward anymore)!

Then,I also tried to install (upgrade/didn't erase disk) from USB Bootable Installer, same issue occured!

Finally, I proceed to upgrade the Monterey as what system/software update feature suggest and yes, it's successfully upgrade!

In fact, what can I do if I only would like to upgrade Mojave to Catalina, other than clean install?

Your helps, advices & suggestions are appreciated 🙏

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Stick with Monterey as Catalina is too old to use the internet as the pre installed security certificates have expired.

Reactions: mactreouser

mactreouser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Stick with Monterey as Catalina is too old to use the internet as the pre installed security certificates have expired.
It's true! Thanks 😊
Btw, how to skip the latest OS & just a step upgrade from Mojave to Catalina (just to understand knowledge/procedures).

mactreouser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
The certificates are not expired lon Catalina it is Serra and under that have that problem.
I have just downloaded Catalina and install the "upgrade" directly, it was stuck at halfway! The same issue occured on the other MacBook Air too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.