Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PetrusV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021
I have a iPhone 6S Plus, ios 12.3.1 that is jailbroken with unc0ver. Everything works fine, except I want to go to ios 13 as some games do not run on ios 12 anymore.

I have downloaded the iPhone_5.5_13.4_17E255_Restore.ipsw and tried to install it with reiboot and dr.phone. (Windows 10 machine) Both give errors and I am unable to upgrade. I have also tried to restore my filesystem to before jailbreak with unc0ver and then retried update but both always fail. I've spend countless days on this trying to get it working. I'm pretty desperate lol... Is there ANYONE that can pls help me with a working tutorial/guide??

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Short answer - you can't.

Apple has stopped signing iOS 13. Unless you have blobs for iOS 13 you can't restore to it. You're either going to have to stay on iOS 12 or upgrade to iOS 14.

PetrusV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021
@eyoungren Thank you so much for explaining. Wish I knew sooner so I could generate blobs while 13.5 was still being signed. That said, I've generated some for ios 14 so I can install that once it's being supported by unc0ver. Thank you for helping me stop chasing my tail lol.

Reactions: eyoungren

PetrusV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021
Someone mentioned one can sign ipsw if you have a apple developer account. I have one, is there a way/tool?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.