Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoorikh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Hi.I have iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and i want to upgrade it to iOS 7 but unfortunately just upgrade to iOS 8.3 is possible,Is there anyway to upgrade to iOS 7 now ??(my iphone isn't Jailbroken)
Thank you.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi.I have iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and i want to upgrade it to iOS 7 but unfortunately just upgrade to iOS 8.3 is possible,Is there anyway to upgrade to iOS 7 now ??(my iphone isn't Jailbroken)
Thank you.

8 is your only option. Jailbreak does not change this answer.
Currently you could still choose 8.2 but with all the fixes in 8.3 I would skip right over 8.2 if you're upgrading.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You're lucky that you get to skip iOS 7 :)
The latest version of 7.1 is quite stable and performs quite well, and generally is seen as better than pretty much any version of 8 so far for a 4s.

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
The latest version of 7.1 is quite stable and performs quite well, and generally is seen as better than pretty much any version of 8 so far for a 4s.

Sure, on older devices. Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of Apple's sloppy coding practices. The faster devices become essential to the software because of programming laziness.

Let's just hope they clean up their act with iOS 9. As rumoured, it should (hopefully) be the Snow Leopard of iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.