Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4ppleg1rl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
Heeey! So this is my first ever thread, hopefully I'm in the right place and this hasn't been asked before :)

I'm thinking of upgrading my phone when the new 7s/8 comes out from Galaxy S7 purely because I really miss having an iPhone (even though I love my S7) and my contract is up in March.

I'm having trouble figuring out what phone I should upgrade to but then I can't make my decision until the prices/tariffs are released from all the networks. I'm not looking to spend more than £40 per month on a phone so that limits me a little.

I'm really interested in the 7S+ purely because I don't think I'd be able to find the iPhone 8 for less than £40 per month without a HUGE upfront cost.

But I'm just not sure if the differences between the 7+ and 7S+ are worth it to justify the price of the 7S+ - like the iPhone 7 deals are likely to go down after the new ones are released - so I don't know if it's worth it to get that instead.

I'm not bothered about storage space, most of my photos are backed up in a cloud somewhere and also on my external hard drive, as well as the SD card in my S7 so I don't mind getting the smallest one storage-wise.

SORRY if this is too long.

TLDR; Is 7S+ gonna be THAT different to the 7 to justify price?

ForumChick

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2017
USA
If you don't want to spend a grand on a phone don't get 8. The 7s models will be a decent alternative if you want a functioning smartphone. But since your coming from a galaxy you're probably expecting a lot from a phone. So save up for the 8!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.