Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best Carrier For Annual Upgrades & Coverage

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MisterTree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2016
I am done with Sprint.

My company pays my monthly bill regardless of carrier. I prefer to keep everything under this bill instead of the Apple program.

It is vital that I have good coverage and the latest iPhone. Not just where I live, but where I travel.

Verizon appears to be my best bet. I expect I will need to buy out some portion of my Sprint plan with iPhone 6s 64gb started in January of this year.

What to do?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I'm not sure about international rates if that matters, but if the company is paying your phone bill... for domestic calling, Verizon is #1.

Possible downside is that Verizon is CDMA (if that matters).

sactownbwoy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2008
Service completely depends on where you live. So you should probably research which carrier has the best service where you live and where you travel. I love Sprint it has service where I live and where I travel and they still have unlimited data, which I use like crazy on a monthly basis.

Reactions: chrfr

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Verizon has the best coverage but their weakness is poor pricing. Since someone else is footing the bill then go Verizon.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
It is vital that I have good coverage and the latest iPhone. Not just where I live, but where I travel.
Certain carriers are better in certain locations; it's not always Verizon that's best, so I concur with the previous comment that you need to investigate the areas where you live and where you'll be traveling rather than depend on a broad survey.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Voted for T-mobile by mistake. If you need coverage and stable network around the country I recommend VZW. If you need occasional roaming, VZW is also good.
If you need more often international roaming you have to live with "no service" and congestions on T-mobile.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I am done with Sprint.

My company pays my monthly bill regardless of carrier. I prefer to keep everything under this bill instead of the Apple program.

Verizon appears to be my best bet. I expect I will need to buy out some portion of my Sprint plan with iPhone 6s 64gb started in January of this year.

What to do?
Impossible to say since we don't know where you live/work/play. Typically, VZW or ATT have most reliable coverage. In some areas though, TMO has blazing LTE. We can't tell you though. You need to ask folks who live/work/play where you do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.