Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Upgraded to the 128GB model. Sadly I only got $25 for my 2nd Gen 4K model. New model is much lighter (like the Apple TV 3rd Gen), has USB-C, more memory, and faster chip. I was considering the 64GB model but one day I may need the threaded networking and only for $20 more why not? I don't think the 64GB model sells as well as the 128GB model. Perhaps I should have tried to sell my model on Craigs list and got at least $60 or $70.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Congrats.

Curious, why did you upgrade from the ATV4K2? Seems like from another thread you created that there really wasn't much reason for you to get the new one.

Sadly I only got $25 for my 2nd Gen 4K model.
Was this with a trade-in deal?

Perhaps I should have tried to sell my model on Craigs list
Or, you could have given it to a friend or family member. I often do that with my Apple stuff that I don't feel like selling.

A friend of mine starting buying Apple TVs for his home after letting use one of my old one. He used Roku and FireSticks before, and didn't think an Apple TV would be a much difference experience from the cheaper devices, but he ended up really liking the Apple TVs. A short time later, he switched to iPhone from the Androids.

I gave a new ATV4K1 to my parents to help them cut the cord. They hated it at first (Siri Remote learning curve), but ended up getting used to it, then loving it. All of their other (4 out of 5) had cheap FireSticks, and they slowly replaced them all with Apple TVs.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Congrats.

Curious, why did you upgrade from the ATV4K2? Seems like from another thread you created that there really wasn't much reason for you to get the new one.

Was this with a trade-in deal?

Or, you could have given it to a friend or family member. I often do that with my Apple stuff that I don't feel like selling.

A friend of mine starting buying Apple TVs for his home after letting use one of my old one. He used Roku and FireSticks before, and didn't think an Apple TV would be a much difference experience from the cheaper devices, but he ended up really liking the Apple TVs. A short time later, he switched to iPhone from the Androids.

I gave a new ATV4K1 to my parents to help them cut the cord. They hated it at first (Siri Remote learning curve), but ended up getting used to it, then loving it. All of their other (4 out of 5) had cheap FireSticks, and they slowly replaced them all with Apple TVs.
Well perhaps I don’t know. However it is a little faster and has far more space. I also like the USB-C remote. I am getting OT and not pinching Pennie’s so I made the purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.