Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
For those who had the accessories from previous gen’s (in my case a 2018 Pro) and have upgraded? What are you doing with those old accessories that are now incompatible? Apple offer no trade in credit for accessories and resell values on the likes of eBay are terrible - of course the marketplace is flooded.
I’d be particularly interested to hear from those in the UK, do you know any gadget trade in places that are offering fair rates for the Magic Keyboard?

Reactions: Tybull

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
You think you are going to get a good price for a trade in vs actually selling it? The best option is to sell it here on MR or go to a site like eBay. The Magic Keyboard isn't worth nearly what you paid for it (which is expected for a 6 year old accessory) so you are just going to have to take the L here.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
For those who had the accessories from previous gen’s (in my case a 2018 Pro) and have upgraded? What are you doing with those old accessories that are now incompatible? Apple offer no trade in credit for accessories and resell values on the likes of eBay are terrible - of course the marketplace is flooded.
I’d be particularly interested to hear from those in the UK, do you know any gadget trade in places that are offering fair rates for the Magic Keyboard?
easy one....

Go to CEX. They will trade in or give you cash for your stuff.

Reactions: darthbane2k

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I got about £150 for my Magic Keyboard and Pencil together (Pencil was engraved so think it hit the resale value) when selling privately - not fantastic but better than nothing considering they aren't useful to me any more!

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I'm going to put my accessories on eBay. Ideally, I'd sell them all in one go with the iPad, but I was lazy and just took the Apple trade-in for my old 12.9".

Like @cambookpro says, it depends if you want/need to get top dollar for the accessories or if you know they'll just lie in a cupboard gathering dust so getting some money for them is better than no money.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I sold my old Magic Keyboard to cex

for £110 quick sale.

Tybull

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Wales U.K
https://tradein.co.uk/
Not used tradein until today sent my M1 12.9 & MKB so will see if they pay what they offer on they’re website.MKB 2021 12.9 £100 and ipad 256 £490.
I’ve used outlet for iPhones are good but they offered £460 for ipad and no price for MKB.
https://www.backmarket.co.uk/en-gb offered £560 for ipad but tried and tried to put my bank details in and just saying an error on our side.
good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.