Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Couple days ago upgraded XS Max, iPad Pro latest 12.9, and iPad Air 2 to IOS 12.1.3

No issues, all devices working perfectly. Apple updates causing obsolescence hypothesis completely debunked.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
No issues, all devices working perfectly. Apple updates causing obsolescence hypothesis completely debunked.

That’s great for you, but not everyone has such a flawless expierience. Maybe your standards are lower than others.

Many others report their battery life or performance degrade when they update their older devices so no... it’s not “completely debunked” :rolleyes:

HEK

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
That’s great for you, but not everyone has such a flawless expierience. Maybe your standards are lower than others.

Many others report their battery life or performance degrade when they update their older devices so no... it’s not “completely debunked” :rolleyes:
Why not, when things go wrong with individual upgrades, fingers of causality are immediately pointed at Apple conspiracy.

Seems to me I have as much evidence, or lack of, as the failure threads.

You see actually my standards are much higher. I expect extraordinary claims to be backed by extraordinary evidence.

My Anecdotal claim is at least as valid as those negative claims. And since millions have just updated I invite them all to document their success as well. Perhaps several million threads might sway the few conspiracy theorists.

Just a few thoughts to mull over.

Last edited:

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
There are probably no 2 of us who run the same applications and run the same way with the same settings. Therefore each of us will have different experiences and that doesn't make one right or someone else wrong.

Reactions: max2 and rugmankc

drea97

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
Safari and Brave browsers are running very slow on 12.1.3 it’s take long time for page to loading.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Debunked? With the newest devices and no major updates? Absolutely not. Those two don't count.
Now, the Air 2's performance was fine on iOS 11, so I assume it is fine on iOS 12. How's battery life in on-screen hours? I'm thinking that if the Air 2 is like the 6s, then the performance is fine but the battery life is far lower than it was on iOS 8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.