Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Frahm

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2022
Portsmouth, Va.
Good afternoon all, I run a MBP9.2 mid 2012 running Ventura 13.4 via OCLP, and yes it runs perfect, and am looking to increase my blue tooth range, I listen to earphones normally and my range really is not good. with my iPad I can walk all over house, can't leave room when connected to computer

Honza1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
US
I suspect you need to add BT dongle which will have support for up to date BT versions. USB BT dongles are relatively cheap, but you need to check first if they are supported by Ventura. Hackintosh web sites usually list which ones work and what BT version they support.

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Good afternoon all, I run a MBP9.2 mid 2012 running Ventura 13.4 via OCLP, and yes it runs perfect, and am looking to increase my blue tooth range, I listen to earphones normally and my range really is not good. with my iPad I can walk all over house, can't leave room when connected to computer

It's a portable Macbook, correct?
What's your difficulties to move the Macbook around the house?

John Frahm

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2022
Portsmouth, Va.
It's a portable Macbook, correct?
What's your difficulties to move the Macbook around the house?
Good morning and thank you for reply, yes it is a MacBook Pro 9.2, I am retired so don't normally run intensive workload on it, it stays on my desk and is my primary workstation. I have great Ipad for when I don't want to be tried to desk, but I always use it in combination with MBP when ever I am on computer via sidecar, other than that it stays in bed room. have Iphone also but normally onley use it when going out, notifications are a pain. Think I am going to end up just replacing bluetooth chip hopefully with a 5.3 chip. Am going through this because my desk is in central part of house and stays there, if I can boost signal I can just run my music off that and hear whenever, wherever I want.

Reactions: Nguyen Duc Hieu

John Frahm

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2022
Portsmouth, Va.
Hello!

Simply replace your built in Wireless/Bluetooth card in your 2012 with one of these…

Problem solved!

😁
Thank you, yea I can replace only the Bluetooth chip also, I am just letting it go. I just got my old Apple Watch 4 out and use that to listen to my music, it has cell service so i latterly can go anywhere that has cell service and listen to what I want. I hate to say but sometimes when I post a question an answer will come to me later. And thank you for reply, have saved that page.

Reactions: DouglasCarroll
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.