Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

africano

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Easy - which phone should I get that will last me? I’m not sure the 14 is worth the money so….if not the 14, which one?

Thanks

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Get the 13. The 14 really isn’t much of an upgrade. The 13 has good battery life and the phone will be good for many years to come. My husband ordered me a 14 because it has the emergency communication via satellite and crash detection. It gives him peace of mind, it’s his money so I don’t really care. To be honest I’m happy with the 13, it’s just fine.

Total Respray

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2011
11 is a great phone. I have an 11 (personal) and 12 (work) but apart from size I actually prefer the 11. Something about the LCD screen just makes it easier on my eyes. If I were to upgrade I would think that the 13 will have a software lifetime close to the 14 so would be tempted by a 13 at an upcoming Black Friday price.

Reactions: ChoiMinji

PeteBurgh

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2014
Easy - which phone should I get that will last me? I’m not sure the 14 is worth the money so….if not the 14, which one?

Thanks
There's not a lot to go on here in terms of your priorities - size, battery life, camera, budget ('worth the money' is obviously subjective to your circumstances), etc.

In general though, I'd agree with the other posters - with the 14 being such a minor revision, the 12 and 13 have become the obvious sweet-spot in terms of price vs features. I'd try to get a good deal on a 12 or a 13, unless you really care about having the absolute best camera (take a look at the 13 or 14 Pros).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.