Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tharan2101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2023
I am unable to update my 2011 21-inch iMac from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to TLS 1.1 and 1.2 not working on my PC, I think. I did the easy fix update that Windows says you need, which supposedly adds the files to the registry. I also installed the KB package update needed, but still, I get the same W10 Media Creation Tool error 0x80072f8f-0x20000 error. I've tried updating Windows 7 manually through the Control Panel, but that won't work because Windows 7 has no more updates as it's been discontinued. I have done this same exact process on my 2011 27-inch iMac, and it worked like a charm. If you are wondering why I install Windows 7, it's because I need it to install the Boot Camp drivers, etc., before I upgrade to Windows 10, or else the drivers won't work. Any ideas?

P.S (I tried to use the setup.exe from a Windows 10 ISO already but that didn't work either sadly but I will try again)

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 x64-based system

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 28
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.