Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hatchet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Baton Rouge
I am looking to sell my original iPhone that I upgraded to 2.0 Firmware today to get a new iPhone 3G; however, after placing it for sale on ebay, I noticed most are from previous version firmware.

Will this hurt my resale value or is it simply because 2.0 came out today?

My iPhone is in pristine condition.

Any input would be appreciated.

showtime

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2007
I am looking to sell my original iPhone that I upgraded to 2.0 Firmware today to get a new iPhone 3G; however, after placing it for sale on ebay, I noticed most are from previous version firmware.

Will this hurt my resale value or is it simply because 2.0 came out today?

My iPhone is in pristine condition.

Any input would be appreciated.

I would leave it 1.1.4 and sell it unlocked. Most of the people buying older iphones want to use without an iphone plan. If they wanted to use 2.0 they'd all purchase a 3G iphone w/ contract.

Hatchet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Baton Rouge
I would leave it 1.1.4 and sell it unlocked. Most of the people buying older iphones want to use without an iphone plan. If they wanted to use 2.0 they'd all purchase a 3G iphone w/ contract.

I don't want to mess with all that unlocking and stuff.

I figure if they want it bad enough, they'll unlock it themselves.

Hatchet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Baton Rouge
Then I would leave it on 1.1.4 and market it as "easily unlockable".

Hm, How do i downgrade without losing everything though?

Edit: Looks like it isn't hurting the bidding activity, I've had it up for less than 20 minutes and I already have 2 bids.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
2.0 has already been reported as jailbroken. It is just a matter of time before the installer is readily available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.